Furniture Prep and Paint Workshop
Want to learn how to re-imagine your own furniture? Pop into one of our Furniture Paint and Preparation workshops and we will show you how to clean, prep and paint your piece to match your design style.
Classes are limited to 8 people per session. Each session is 3 hours long. You MUST be registered to attend.
- Friday July 28 – 5pm- 8pm
- Saturday July 29 – 2pm- 5pm
- Sunday July 30 – 11am- 2pm
What do I need to Bring?
- The piece of furniture you want to prep and paint
(let us know if you need to purchase one from us)
- Clothing you don’t mind getting paint on
- The paint you would like to use*
(we recommend the following: Motor City Paint in Satin Finish, Valspar Pant & Primer in One – Satin Finish, Milk Paints, Behr Paint and Primer in One – Satin Finish)
*We will have FREE high quality samples from Motor City Paint on hand for you to use.
The workshop will start promptly at the start time, we will not wait for latecomers to get started. Gloves, masks, cleaners, sandpaper and tools needed will be provided.
What will I learn?
- How to assess your furniture for restoration
- Sanding your furniture
- Filling holes / blemishes
- Preventing bleeding of previous finishes
- The right products to use
- Painting with a skilled hand
- Protecting your finish with a seal
- Passing the “Scratch Test”